Cucumber is a common fruit that has so many health benefits to the hair, skin, for weight loss and even for pregnant women. The health benefits of cucumber juice does not only ends at the reduction of heart related diseases, improvements of sights, and skin cancer treatment.
Here in this article, we will explore the cucumber health benefits and why you need to consume more of it and include it in your diet.
Briefly, in our discussion today, we will discuss on the following areas for the health benefits of cucumber juice;
- History of Cucumber and its geographical location
- General uses of Cucumber
- Health Benefits of cucumber juice to the Skin
- Health benefits of cucumber to the hair
- Health Benefits of Cucumber juice During Pregnancy
History of Cucumber and its geographical location
Cucumber is a common fruit belonging to the gourd family and popularly grown in South Asia and in other parts of the world.
It is considered as the perfect food when it comes to keeping fit and healthy. As it contains many essential nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese, Copper and Potassium, incorporating cucumbers in your daily diet can lead to excellent health benefits.
Extreme climatic conditions have left us dehydrated and exhausted, but this vegetable really helps to combat dehydration as it is 90% percent water, which keep the body hydrated and flushes out many hazardous substances, providing some of the most essential nutrients your body needs.
You can easily juice cucumbers and add a mix of other vegetable such as carrots and beetroots to say hydrated and at the same time enhance your metabolism.
Moreover, the seeds inside a cucumber contain magnesium, which is ideal for people who suffer from a deficiency of this nutrient.
Consuming cucumbers with other fluid containing foods such as lime, avocado, celery, and fennel helps you to deal with stomach pain and abdominal tightening.
General Health Benefits of Drinking Cucumber Juice
Protects the brain cells
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health.
In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline,1 fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer’s disease
Regulates the Body Temperature
Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn and itchy skin.
Healthy Weight Loss
Cucumbers are a useful supplement to reduce weight. You can enjoy your meals by adding it in your diet you can either eat it in your salad or mix it in yogurt or eat it whole – the point is it will help you lose weight faster.
Balances the Blood Alkalinity
Keeping your body’s pH level optimal can help eliminate free radical cells, which are acidic and cause symptoms associated with cancer. Drinking cucumber water on a daily basis can keep increase your body’s alkalinity.
If dry and rough hair is your problem than try making some cucumber paste, mixing it with water. Then just gently massage the concoction on your head and you will gradually see the difference on your hair and scalp health.
Health Benefits of Cucumber Juice for Hair
- It helps in the growth of your hair by removing the skin maladies that stops hair growth.
- It helps in moisturizing the scalp because of the presence of the oil that has hydrating nutrients.
- Cucumber is also used to enhance proper hair growth and should be applied in those areas that are bald.
- Cucumber is also good for your hair as it helps to reduce the rate at which your hair falls off.
- Cucumber gives your hair a shining outlook and makes it so adorable.
How to use cucumber Juice for your hair
- Massage the scalp with oil extracted from cucumber seeds through the process of cold-pressing, which preserves the nutritious properties
- After washing your hair with cucumber shampoo and cold water, blot it to remove excess moisture.
- Apply a drop of cucumber oil to each finger on one hand and then gently place the fingers on the other hand on the oiled fingers.
- Bend over and massage your scalp with both hands until your head is tingly and warm. It may even turn a little red, which is fine. Be sure to massage areas that are bald or where hair is thin.
- The rubbing enhances circulation and stimulates sebaceous glands, both of which can aid hair growth
How to Use Cucumber Juice for the Skin
Cucumber’s flesh contains vitamin C that can help soothe skin rashes and reduce swelling. Dermatitis and burns can be treated using the flesh of the cucumbers, as they have both astringent and hydrating properties, as well as being nourishing properties.
The juice also contributes to healthy and beautiful skin, because of the silica, a rich mineral that can whiten the skin and make it become healthier.
In addition to that, the hydrating property of cucumber can help keep the skin from drying out and aging. Below are some tips on how to use cucumber for your skin
Cucumber regimen for unhealthy eyes
- Unhealthy eyes have dark circles and bags.
- These may be caused by stress or lack of sleep, but these could also be caused by allergies or simple hereditary factors.
- Place slices of chilled cucumber over each eye, and leave them in place for 20 minutes.
- Afterward, your eyes will feel relaxed and rejuvenated. The hydrating properties of cucumber, gives the eyes a healthy look.
Health Benefits of Eating Cucumber During Pregnancy
- It’s close to impossible to gain weight by eating cucumbers alone. It prevents obesity and keeps you feeling full longer.
- Vitamin K is a nutrient essential for strong and healthy bones. Cucumbers have that plus other heart and brain-healthy B-vitamins, iron, folic acid, and magnesium.
- We’re talking about plenty of fresh distilled water found in cucumbers. You won’t have to worry about electrolyte imbalances due to dehydration since cucumbers will take care of those.
- If you’re going through your first trimester, we recommend adding a bit of cucumber to up your collagen intake and boost skin elasticity for your already-widening bump.
- Cucumbers are a natural diuretic and eliminates swelling in the body too.
How to Make Cucumber Juice at Home with simple DIY Methods
Cucumber juice is a good beverage for increasing the production of urine. In other words, cucumber is a natural diuretic vegetable. This is only one of the health benefits of cucumber.
You can add cucumber juice to your diet – this can help you get rid of toxins in your body, making you become physically fit. Follow the steps below to make cucumber juice:
3 large-sized cucumbers, 1 lemon, 1 apple
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them into pieces.
- Chop the apple, as well.
- Blend the ingredients properly in a blender.
- Squeeze the lemon into the blender and blend them once more.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and refrigerate.
- Fill the glass with the mixture and drink chilled.
cucumber juice is very healthy for human consumption as it works for the hair, skin, face, pregnancy and for weight loss. There are other numerous health benefits of cucumber juice either during the day or in the night.
Do not forget to share this wonderful article with your friends and families using the social media button below